Rudolfinum - House of Arts
The impressive building Rudolfinum is located on the right bank of the Vltava river at the Mánes Bridge on Aleš Embankment. This neo-Renaissance building was built by the Czech Savings Bank for two million florins at the occasion of the 50th anniversary of its foundation. It was named after the Rudolfinum successor to the Habsburg throne, Archduke Rudolph. The architects hired for this project were the prominent personas of the art scene at the time - Josef Zítek and Josef Schulz.
The building was inaugurated in 1885 as a multipurpose cultural center with a concert hall and exhibition halls. Today, there is the Dvořák's Concert Hall, and also two smaller concert halls: Suk Hall and Kubelík Hall. The last complete renovation that the building has undergone was between 1990 and 1992.
Rudolfinum now houses the Czech Philharmonic orchestra and the Gallery Rudolfinum. Dvořák's Hall regularly hosts major concerts such as the world-famous Prague Spring.