Hol Ka Boat
The Hol Ka is a new and modern transport boat intended for transport in Prague 7. Its name combines the first letters of the names of Prague districts Holešovice and Karlín, which are connected via Štvanice Island. Ferry transport has returned here after an 85-year absence.
The boat operated by the Prague Steamboat Company was built with a view to passenger comfort and the specific local conditions. The most important criteria were wheelchair accessibility and the boat's submersion.
- ceremonially launched on 7 August 2015
- fast and manoeuvrable high deck catamaran
- completely wheelchair accessible
- comfortable interior and lots of space for baby carriages or bikes
- rear deck is covered
- deck height above water surface 0.5 m, clearance height 175 cm
- displacement 2 tons
- engine horsepower 18 kW (in the future it will be replaced with an environmentally friendly electric motor)
- equipped with an echosounder to monitor the depth of the Vltava riverbed
You may also like
Rent a small luxury eco-powered boat for a private cruise full of romance and beautiful views.